My Realm of Babbling

Aloha and Hello and Welcome to My Realm of Babbling.

Sunday, September 18, 2005

Twas like Skating. Just with Ice and blades for feet...

Aloha,

There was me, in my bed, unsuspecting that we were leaving for my sisters birthday thingy.
Then I realized.
An hour and some moments of complete lostness in Cardiff later I was shoving blades on my feet then finding myself standing in the middle of an ice rink with people circling the edges.

Anyhoo. A couple of mislaid memories later I was flying... In the air. Follwed by a icy landing on my arse. Spectacular falls too. May I add.

Anyway, after the dawning that I had to bend my knees to enter the world of speed and almost falling over again, I was zooming around the rink. Yes. Today was a small achievement for me as I worked out how to ice-skate in a day.

A Safety Warning for the Wales National Ice Rink (WNIR)
The safety people are out to kill you.
The fly around at top speeds while you do not understand how to move - they want your blood.
As you slowly move around they track you down and try to make you fall over and get pulled into the ice and frozen.

Nah. They try to kill you though.
It was good. I'm chuffed for a little while. =P

Sam.

Small Sidenote: They are letting me leave the country =P Haha, my EHIC has arrived. See you soon France.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home